Saturday, July 25, 2009



My friend Kim Hunter and I lived on Watkins street together in South Philadelphia. She is an artist and loved mixed media and was trying to find her voice as an artist when we first became friends. I have always been so inspired by Kim. She had such a great desire to do what she loved and it served as a constant reminder to me that I should adopt her philosophy. She continues to do her art and I continue to have a career in wellness as a yoga/Pilates instructor & PT. I have always loved photography and was devoted to manual film photography for many years. I have converted to digital 6 yrs ago and love the control and instant satisfaction it gives me. I have a Canon Power Shot point & shoot & it is excellent. My next purchase will be a Canon Digital SLR. I really want to explore mixed media digital art and I am so excited to finally get some tools to do that.I love art & could look at it all day. I guess you can say I am a wanna be artist and I am trying to find my voice as an artist now at age 40. You can go to Kim's site to check out her work at www.rhumblines.net. Her art looks so cool on dining room and living room walls that are richly painted in vibrant and earthy colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment