Saturday, July 25, 2009


I met Duncan Wong in Philadelphia while he taught about 30 Philly yoga instructors Yogic Arts. He was so amazing to watch! We were all star struck but he brought us all back to earth by embracing us all as his friends for that week. The intensive Yoga workshop was 6am for about 2 hours for a whole week. I will never forget that week. I was so high to be in the presence of a total master yogi, but so low because my brother at age 37 took his own life that same week. I was determined to do the whole week despite the raw emotions I felt. I spoke to Duncan and he was so real and compassionate and told he too lost his brother and was devastated. It felt so good for him to share that with me and made me feel that I was doing the right thing by continuing on with my life and immersing myself into yoga, something I am very passionate about. Duncan is the most talented Yogi I have ever encountered. He is truly mind blowing! I felt like a giddy teenager around him because quite frankly he is a total hottie! While I was in down ward facing dog he mirrored me and our finger tips were touching! Because there were so many people it was pretty close quarters, but we all loved it because it changed the energy and made it incredibly intense and exciting! I have video of him from that day September 2004, but need to find it. In the meantime check out my You Tube links at the bottom of my blog. You will see that he is so beautiful and his intensity and focus is unmatched! www.yogicarts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment