Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Yoga is a Journey


Grow Yoga Wings was something I created in about 2003. It is my web domain name and logo and I am working on re purposing it and transferring it to a blog site. I have some ideas of the direction I want to take it but am always open to suggestions. www.growyogawings.com

I think everyone that try's yoga can feel the intensity in the simplest of postures. They realize early on that yoga is a discipline and goes beyond the physical practice. There is something very special about working really hard to achieve certain postures, and challenging yourself to do them in every yoga practice. You feel your own spirit build inside you when you push yourself and take yourself to places you never even thought possible. It's funny what happens to us when we decide to join a class and we watch the instructor move effortlessly and we courageously copy everything they do! It is a good thing to push ourselves to our limits, it gives us something to shoot for and a wonderful sense of pride.


I took a class today at CYCO, Kristen was the instructor and boy is she strong. I was so inspired by her. I was also amazed at how much flexibility and strength I have lost sitting behind a desk these last two yrs. I am really looking forward to the climb back. So if you are frustrated with your yoga or Pilates practice and think you will never have balance or you will never be able to roll up with out momentum, I am here to tell you, that just isn't true. You must practice and become disciplined and it will happen for you.


Come visit me at Carrboro Yoga Studio (CYCO) on Tuesdays at 8am for a Pilates class designed for all levels, with special care for the new Pilates students. My class begins on Septembr 15th. The 1st class is FREE! I am now taking clients at CYCO from 7am to 1pm by appointment only. Contact me if you are interested in Private Yoga, Pilates or Personal Training. http://www.mycyco.com

No comments:

Post a Comment